The Importance of Hiring House Moving Services read more »
Plastic Sheets: Your Best Aid to Move Furniture Pieces read more »
House Move - A Chance to turn Over a New Leaf read more »
Lessen the Hassles of Moving with Flat Rate Movers read more »
Moving Out Help and Assistance: Towards a Stress Free Relocation read more »
List of services we provide in RM4 Havering-atte-Bower:
Removal Companies RM4 Havering-atte-Bower
House Removals RM4 Havering-atte-Bower
Office Removals RM4 Havering-atte-Bower
Places of interest in RM4
In April 1856, the St Saviour's District Board petitioned the Metropolitan Board of Works to create a new street to run between the South Eastern Railway terminus at London Bridge station and the West End. The street was the first to be made by the Board and was completed in 1864. It was driven across a densely occupied part of the parish and crosses older roads and streets which created oddly shaped plots for redevelopment. Its junction with Borough High Street is so gently curved that the transition between the streets leads to confusion and imprecision as to which is which and the street numbering and lack of a Street Name Plate compounds this, the break between them occurs at the junction with Bedale Street on the north-side but at the south-side the street does not begin until after the 'fork' opposite Stoney Street, some 130 metres to the west. Under the street, a tunnel was constructed with side passages to carry utilities such as gas, water, and drainage pipes, together with telegraph wires for communication. This was an advanced feature for the time.
The pier as seen from the south bank
This project will cost approx. £215 million and is scheduled to open in 2012, in time for the 2012 Olympic Games being held in the city. Additionally, the Tate Britain will be undergoing refurbishment.
The Alexandra Palace transmitting station in North London (grid reference TQ297901) is one of the oldest television transmission sites in the world. What was at the time called "high definition" (405-line) TV broadcasts on VHF were beamed from this mast from 1936 until the outbreak of World War II. It then lay dormant until it was used very successfully to foil the German Y-GerĂ¤t radio navigation system during the last stages of the Battle of Britain. After the war, it was reused for television until 1956, when it was superseded by the opening of the BBC's new main transmitting station for the London area at Crystal Palace. In 1982 Alexandra Palace became an active transmitting station again, with the opening of a relay transmitter to provide UHF television service to parts of North London poorly covered from Crystal Palace.
Information by Wikipedia.com